TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
1. Mandatory Documentation:
To rent a vehicle from Supernova UAE, the following documents must be presented at the counter:
- A valid passport and an Emirates ID is required.
- A valid driver's licence issued at least one year prior to the pick-up date is required.
- Valid International Driver's License, if applicable, for customers on visit visa Credit Card in the renter's name for security blocking
2. Delivery, Extension,Return and Exchange
- The minimum rental period is one day (24 hours), with a maximum grace period of 29 minutes following the end of the agreed-upon term.
- If the vehicle is not returned within the grace period, Supernova reserves the right to charge an additional daily charge at the applicable rate, including fees for the options selected for each day.
- The customer must notify Supernova in advance if the rental contract must be extended. If the customer does not return the vehicle by the due date and does not notify Supernova of any extension, the agreement will automatically renew, and charges will be deducted from the available credit card.
- By accepting the Vehicle, the Renter confirms that the rental Vehicle is in the same condition as described on the Vehicle Check Report, and the Renter accepts full responsibility for any additional damage or loss to the Vehicle, however it occurs. The Renter is fully responsible for the Vehicle until it is returned and checked in by an authorised representative, which Supernova confirms in writing.
- The Renter agrees to return the Vehicle in the same condition and with all documents and accessories (such as the spare tyre and toolkit) as received at the location and on the date and time specified in the Agreement.
- If the Vehicle is used in violation of this Agreement or the Renter fails to settle its financial obligations to Supernova, Supernova reserves the right to repossess the Vehicle at any time.
- If the Renter returns the Vehicle outside of the location's working hours, the Renter must follow Supernova's out-of-hours return instructions for that location. In all cases, the Renter is solely responsible for the Vehicle until the site reopens and the Vehicle is checked in by Supernova.
- If Supernova agreed that the Renter could return the Vehicle to a location other than the rental location, or if Supernova agreed to collect it, the Renter is fully responsible for the Vehicle until Supernova collects it and, if Supernova collects it, the Renter is fully responsible for the Vehicle until Supernova collects it.
Supernova is not liable to the Renter, any passenger, or any third party for any loss or damage to property left in the vehicle during or after the rental period. Throughout the term of the agreement, such property is entirely at the risk of the Renter.
- If the rented vehicle is due for service, a sale exchange, an accident, or other reason, it may need to be replaced. In this case, the Renter is required to return the Vehicle at Supernova's request. Supernova does not guarantee that the same vehicle will be returned to the Renter. If Supernova is unable to adhere to service intervals due to late return, financial obligations and vehicle damage may result. Any such costs will be borne entirely by the Renter.
- If the vehicle requested by the Renter is unavailable, Supernova may allow a temporary upgrade. When a car in the Renter's charge group becomes available, Supernova will contact the Renter to arrange an exchange; in this case, the Renter must return the Vehicle as soon as Supernova requests it. Three exchange attempts will be made. If all attempts fail, the Renter will be charged for the upgraded vehicle beginning with the date the vehicle in the Renter's charge group became available.
3. Personal Data
The Renter authorises Supernova to share the Renter's personal information with relevant authorities such as the police, traffic departments, Criminal Investigation Departments, and other bodies.
4. Rates & Modification:
Rates are subject to change if the booking is changed after the reservation confirmation date. If the Renter wishes to change the initial rental period, either by extending or decreasing the number of rental days, the Renter acknowledges that Supernova reserves the right to change its rates accordingly.
5. Conditions of Use
- The Renter is expected to take good care of the Vehicle. It is especially forbidden to use:
- To transport people, their property, or property for hire, except in the case of trucks and vans with Supernova's prior written approval.
- Carrying a greater number of passengers than the Vehicle is designed to carry
- To transport any object or substance that, due to its condition or odour, may cause harm to the Vehicle or prevent or delay Supernova's ability to rent it again.
- In any race, test, or contest, or for any illegal purpose, to propel or tow any vehicle, trailer, or another object
- Driving off a paved road
- While the Renter or another driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
6. Insurance Policy
Supernova provides standard insurance under an automobile liability policy for those who use the Vehicle.
However, after paying the applicable premium/rate as agreed with Supernova and stated above in this Agreement, the Renter may choose a higher level of insurance coverage. In this case, the Renter must obtain a signed copy of the Terms And Conditions of any extended insurance or have the extended insurance coverage expressly mentioned on the above of this Agreement (if it is greater than the standard insurance coverage mentioned above), or no additional insurance coverage will be considered.
7. Damage/Loss, Theft, etc.
- If the Renter/Driver violated these terms and conditions, any provisions, customs/insurance regulations, or the Vehicle or any parts of it, including fire and glass breakage, the Renter shall, regardless of his driver's fault, pay to Supernova the amount of all resulting loss and expenses (including but not limited to replacement or recovery costs, repair costs, compensation for the decline in value, and loss of the rental fee).
- The Renter is fully responsible for any damage to the Vehicle, particularly if it was caused by contaminated fuel and/or driving through floodwater and/or water damage and/or sea beaches and/or rocky deserts and/or sand dunes/off roads.
- charge until the day the Vehicle, or a replacement vehicle is returned to Supernova in the same condition as it was received by the Renter.
- In the event of an accident (with or without vehicle damage), personal injury, or theft of the vehicle or parts thereof, the Renter must notify Supernova and immediately report the accident to the police in order to obtain a valid police report (the "Police Report") after providing or satisfying all required documents, information, or procedures requested by the Police. The Renter must send a copy of the Police Report to Supernova. However, if the Renter fails to provide Supernova with a copy of the Police Report within a reasonable time frame, the CDW and any other insurance provided will be forfeited.
- The Renter shall not take any action that jeopardises the existence or validity of the insurance policy, and in particular shall not admit any liability to third parties. Otherwise, the Renter is solely liable to compensate such a third party.
- In any case, the Renter agrees to fully indemnify Supernova if the insurance company rejects any insurance claim raised as a result of the Renter's default and/or if any third party sues Supernova as a result of the Renter's actions or defaults.
- The Renter agrees to assist Supernova and/or its insurance companies with any claims or legal matters arising from an accident or damage to the Vehicle. In the event of theft, the Renter's responsibilities will be applicable.
- If the Police Report/repair letter fails to identify the third party responsible for the accident, the Renter is responsible for all expenses and costs incurred by Supernova, as well as the excess liability amount based on the type of insurance chosen and agreed upon by the Renter (if any).
- Damage to tyres and windows is not covered by insurance, and the Renter is responsible for the cost of replacement.
- No repairs to the Vehicle may be performed without Supernova's prior written approval.
- If the Renter fails to comply with the terms of this agreement, the insurance policy may be cancelled. In this case, the Renter is responsible for all costs, damages, and losses incurred by Supernova as a result of the Renter's default.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by, and shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with, UAE law as well as the local laws applicable to the Emirate in which it is executed. If any dispute arises between the parties hereto, it shall be resolved by the competent court.
- Supernova reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to change its policies, including the applicable rates. These policies are provided for general information only and do not constitute a waiver of any of Supernova's rights, which are expressly reserved.
- Monthly rentals include a set monthly mileage allowance. Excess mileage will be charged at a rate of AED 0.30 to AED 0.50 per additional km, depending on the vehicle. For more information, please see the terms of your contract.
- Supernova is authorised to debit Salik or the cost of those penalties to the Renter/credit Payer's card or company account if the rented vehicle incurs Salik or attracts a financial penalty from the police or Traffic Department during the rental period. The Salik toll fee will be AED5.00 per crossing at the toll gates.
- A service fee of 12.00% will be added to each traffic violation, including the knowledge fee. If a traffic offence committed by the customer results in the vehicle being impounded by the authorities, Supernova will ensure that the necessary fines are paid to avoid the vehicle being impounded. The customer will be charged the applicable impounding fees. All ancillary costs incurred within 30 days of the transaction's completion
- Additional administrative fees will apply in all cases where Supernova is required to provide additional assistance to the customer. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: final police report, traffic fine evidence, vehicle release from impound, drunk driving, lock fines, document translation, and so on.
- If the vehicle is returned in a state that necessitates specialised cleaning, valeting fees will be assessed.
- Additional fees will be charged for any roadside assistance, such as vehicle recovery or towing or pulling the vehicle to the workshop due to the Renter's negligence or default.
- Throughout the term of this Agreement, the Renter will pay Supernova the agreed-upon rent/rates on time. If this Agreement is renewed, or if the Renter is unable to return the vehicle upon its termination or expiration, the Renter will be charged new rates/rent at Supernova's current effective rates at the time.
- The Renter expressly authorises Supernova to debit the Renter's credit or charge card account for any charges (rental and any ancillary charges such as traffic fine, traffic fine supporting document, Salik or toll fee, damage, petrol, etc.) incurred as a result of this Rental Agreement.
10. Payment, Cancellation & No-Show:
A credit card in the renter's name is required for the car rental. We accept Visa and MasterCard credit card payments online in AED.